When you join any athletics club, you’ll meet like-minded people that can help you improve your fitness, enjoy training safely and to achieve your personal goals.
Paddock Wood Athletic Club welcomes new members at any time of the year. Please feel free to come and see us at one of our regular training sessions or contact any of the listed committee members or coaches. You will be made welcome and are invited to join in some sessions for a month completely free as a trial period. Rest assured that we have groups of differing speeds and standards to suit every ability level.
Just bring your kit and join in. In preparation for a training session it may be useful to take note of the following points, especially if you have not run before or not run for a long time.
1. DO NOT EAT A MEAL TOO NEAR THE START OF YOUR TRAINING SESSION – A SNACK ABOUT 2 HOURS BEFORE IS BEST.
2. DON’T RUSH OUT AND BUY NEW KIT (PARTICULARLY TRAINING SHOES) IF YOU ARE COMING ALONG FOR THE FIRST TIME. TRAINERS NEED TO BE WORN AROUND THE HOUSE FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE YOU RUN IN THEM. A T-SHIRT, LEGGINGS/SHORTS, SOCKS AND TRAINERS, PLUS A LIGHTWEIGHT JACKET ARE FINE.
3. REMEMBER TO DRESS FOR THE SECOND MILE – YOU WILL SOON GET WARM! LAYERS THAT CAN BE REMOVED ARE BETTER THAN HEAVIER SWEATSHIRTS, ETC.
4. BRING A TOWEL AND SPARE CLOTHES FOR AFTER TRAINING.
5. BRING SOME WATER AND PERHAPS AN ENERGY BAR. AVOID ANY CARBONATED DRINKS AND SUGARY SNACKS OR CRISPS.
Parking is available at Mascalls School for all of our training sessions but please park considerately and comply with local speed limits.
If you decide to join Paddock Wood Athletic Club, please complete the online Membership form. If you wish to compete for the Club in any event you will also need to complete the England Athletics section of the membership form and pay the appropriate additional fee.
The Paddock Wood AC committee, coaches and all members look forward to seeing you soon and supporting you in your athletic endeavours. We also welcome helpers who want to support athletics in other ways, whether as coaches, officials or general supporters. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved – just ask!