We hope the following advice will answer any questions you have about training or using PWAC facilities-
- Training sessions will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays 18:30 to 20.00. Always meeting at the track.
- You must not come to training if you have any of the following symptoms: A high temperature/fever – A new continuous cough – Loss or change to your sense of smell and/or taste.
That you have been advised to self-isolate because you have tested positive for COVID-19 or you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
You have been told to quarantine following international travel.
By attending training, you are confirming that none of the above apply and you are free of symptoms relating to CVOID-19. There is a sign on the front gate relating to COVID-19 and entry into the track.
- On arrival everyone must be registered as per EA guidelines. A register will be in place for you to tick your attendance.
- As 2 metre social distancing may be difficult to maintain at all times, it is suggested that face masks be worn by those who feel uncomfortable with this. There is no physiological effect of running with a face mask, just some discomfort. If you have a medical condition such as asthma, please seek medical advice.
- Bring your own hand sanitizer to use before and after the session and at any other times you feel it is necessary.
- The training session plan will be on club’s website under the ‘Members’ tab and scrolling down to ‘Training Schedules’ or by using the following link- https://www.paddockwoodac.co.uk/members/training-schedules/ You will not need a password currently to view the training plan.
- When you open the training plan you will notice that the Tuesday and Thursday sessions have sperate links showing what these sessions are, maps if required and information about pacing etc.
- The training session plan also offer you suggestions for your training on non-club days.
- Sessions will be based your typical 5K time. The group will all do the same type of session but split on ability. This is so that all abilities have a session that is suitable and challenging for them. Warming up and drills will all be done as one group.
- Sessions will alternate between the track and the road, alternating on each Tuesday and Thursday. This is so if you are only able to attend training on one day a week you will get a mixture of track use along with road running.
- There are pacing charts on the ‘training schedule’ tab on the website along with being on the notice board at the track.
- On arrival to the track, please start warming up running around the track. Warm up drills will start at 18.40 and ideally you would have run 2-4 laps of the track before this time.
- We have tried as best of possible to use the results from the questionnaire that was sent out to existing club members, along with a different questionnaire used for members that have left the club recently, to produce a training plan that meets these results.
- For the short term at least, we will be trying to stay clear of running in groups around the centre of Paddock Wood, so a number of the road sessions will be based at Transfesa. This isn’t ideal but we need to respect the residents of the town. This will continually be reviewed.
- Will meet at the track not Mascalls, car parking is available at Mascalls or on the roads around the track.
- Toilet facilities are available at Mascalls, we are advised there is one toilet at Putlands in use but will only allow one person into the building at a time.
- Bring a high vis vest to training, this is mandatory on all runs outside the track.
- Valuables left at owners’ risk inside the track.
Please work with us through this challenging time. Should you have any questions on the above please ask a coach or committee member at training or email the club on – email@example.com Please also email the club or speak to a committee member or coach if you are interested in becoming a coach or coaching assistant.
See you at training!
Liz and Janine have created some circuit training videos to help us keep fit during the current situation. There are currently 4 videos in the playlist – accessible from the menu in the top right hand corner of the Youtube window.
If you have any videos you’d like to add to the list, please let us know.