In years gone by on club night evenings we have run various club member competitions, 4.2 mile time trial a 5K handicap and mile time trials. This time we propose something new which should benefit those who struggle to get to club night
Parkrun allows people of all ages (from under 11s to 90+) to take part in a 5K run on Saturday mornings at 9am, they are free to enter and we would encourage you to give it a go if you have not already done so. The locations of all Parkruns are on the Parkrun website.
To qualify you must obtain a barcode available from Parkrun website (simply fill in the register form)
IMPORTANT :- When registered enter your profile and in the group field enter Paddock Wood AC. This also applies to members who already have a barcode but are no registered as Paddock Wood AC. The reason for this is we can search results by club each week.
- You must be registered as Paddock Wood athletic club on your barcode and ensure it is scanned at the completion of each parkrun
- Any parkrun anywhere in the world can count in the competition
- Awards will be made to the most improved athletes in various categories
- Members existing parkrun records will be used as a base measure for the competition
- If you have not entered a parkrun before 5 runs will be required to be completed by 30-9-23
- There will be a monthly updates as the competition progresses
- Any queries/questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org